Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Seminole Blues

I recently made a cake for my brother's law school graduation. (YAY for the lil' bro!) It turned out great! I've got to find time to collect my pics as I have a Cake Wreck/horror story to tell about it. Sooo you'll have to be patient until I can get back home to get my before shots of the cake.

In the meantime I was thinking of doing a Seminoles dummy cake for my brother-in-law's birthday. He chooses not to eat the sweet stuff but I thought he still deserves all the bells and whistles...soooo...why not! BUT in my searches of google images...the main things that pop up when you search for FSU cake are pics of half naked coeds dancing around in low cut tops and lingerie. ACK. I was not pleased. And the majority of the cakes I saw online and on Cake Central were of Chief Osceola's head. I'm thinking I'll have to be inspired by the colors of Garnet and Gold alone as the pics online don't look promising. Oh well. I'm just venting as this whole naked FSU Coed thing irritated me. As an alum myself I would hope the Seminole chicks could represent a little more of a dignified image...I mean I didn't see this much skin when I was searching and researching Gator cakes. Sheesh. Come on ladies...find your clothes!

Okay...end vent.

Blessings,
Cakedreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment