Monday, June 13, 2011

Angry Birds Cake!

Photobucket

My hubby has recently acquired an Iphone. I must say it is quite a device. I'm not really tech savvy, but he has been having a blast with it. I discovered Angry Birds shortly thereafter and it. is. addictive. My hubby isn't really INTO Angry Birds, but after our team didn't make it all the way for the Stanley Cup Finals...a hockey cake wasn't on the menu. He suggested this and I thought it would be a blast!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

I spent a lot of time making all the little pieces and had a difficult time getting that bottom cake to behave, but all in all it went well! I used hidden pillars wrapped in fondant to hold up the 6 inch cake and there are some supports that are not edible, but otherwise everything is fondant and buttercream. Hubby always requests cotton candy buttercream so we have a white cake with cotton candy buttercream. This was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun! I was sad to cut it up and store it, but it fits the theme too, right?
Photobucket
Destruction and mayhem abound! :)

Blessings!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome! Oh Evie, this is amazing! How long did it take you to do this???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    Adrienne: I started the sculpted pieces on Monday and worked on them in small spaces of time through the week. Probably about 3 hours total of sculpting work and then I made the larger items that needed to be soft as I built the cake and decorated...which is about a 4-5 hour process depending on interruptions and not counting cooling/baking times. I guess it was about 8-10 hours? It depends on how you slice it...I'm slower than someone without kids and who can just go start to finish. I have to stop a lot. Just don't ask about the dishes! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fabulous, well worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job Evie! Angry Birds is so popular right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evie you are so talented!
    You should submit your pictures to Ace of Cakes or a similar show- they might sponsor a sister store :D

    ReplyDelete