Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Clue Crew Cake

My daughter's request for her birthday this year was for a Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew Cake. Huh? I was thinking it would be impossible!!!! However I drew up a sketch to try and mimic the cover style of her favorite book at the time and it turned out better than expected!

She liked the one about strawberry scented perfume and the beauty shop (it's the age!!!) so I incorporated some pink cosmetic/perfume bottles and did her age in the magnifying glass. I put a fondant image of her as part of the clue crew and dressed to match the cake with a "birthday sash" on as she was planning to wear one this year.

 As you can see from the clock I was up all night working to finish this cake!!! My hubby was out of town and I can't sleep when he's gone so it was a good excuse to just finish. I do think if I hadn't been exhausted I might have added some more detail to the bottles and possibly a border around the top tier. Exhaustion won the battle!
All in all it turned out the way she wanted and really who can complain about that! The cake was gluten free, dairy free, nut free, etc. It was chocolate on the bottom and vanilla on the top with dairy free vanilla butter cream and fondant decorations.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment