Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day Baking

Cupcakes for Heart Day

So I know I said I was going to post a cake, but given our food budget (I won't go on about the economy since everyone else won't stop yacking about it), my active young children and limited supplies...I decided cupcakes were a more realistic decision. I did however cut out a heart shaped mini cake from the leftover batter. I'll have to wait and see if I have enough "frosting from the can" leftover to make it pretty. Hopefully I will! I prefer to make my frosting and cake so this stuff never tastes as good to me, but to satisfy my creative urges it does just fine.
Photobucket Photobucket

These are chocolate because I had to have chocolate at the time. I think I'm over it now. I used a star tip to do the icing and found some valentine's sprinkles from a previous year. I also used conversation hearts. I don't like the way they taste, but they are my favorite "theme" for Valentine's Day decorating in general.

Photobucket

I wanted to make Sacred Heart images out of fondant but didn't have any fondant sooo yeah...you've gotta work with what you've got sometimes!

Also I am not a photographer and do not claim to be. This is my attempt at making it look more appetizing...but, in general, I really stink at taking pictures.

I hope you have a blessed Valentine's Day!

Baking and Loving the Lord,

Cakedreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment