Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Shower of Roses

"I will let fall a shower of roses. I will spend my heaven, doing good on earth."
-St. Therese of Lisieux

My husband and I have a special devotion to St. Therese and we recently finished a novena to her for intercession for a special need. My husband had mentioned wanting to see roses as a sign of our prayers being heard and I started thinking roses...watched a tutorial and then made this cake. I hope you like it! It's certainly not perfect but I was SO excited my fondant non-ribbon roses came out well. I threw in a few ribbon roses too, just because I like them.

Photobucket

It's a chocolate cake with a chocolate butter cream frosting and all fondant decorations.

It's in honor of St. Therese and in thanksgiving for her intercession and all the blessings the good Lord has showered on my family.

Blessings to you!

6 comments:

  1. looks great Evie! St. Therese is my patron too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those look great. What a beautiful cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice, chocolate with red roses, I love the conbination. A question..what kind of chocolate buttercream you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey that came out great! I love the roses. My fondant roses never come out as good. That is cause I am fondant challenged lol. But I love the red with the chocolate cake. Yummy!

    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute this cake is. The fondant roses look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I used the recipe on the side of my cocoa box for the chocolate icing...but I also use the Wilton recipe sometimes but substitute cocoa powder for some of the powdered sugar.

    ReplyDelete