Thursday, October 15, 2009

Monkey/Ducky/Clothesline cake

Photobucket

This photo is not fan-tab-ulous, but I couldn't find my camera and my hubby took it with his cell phone. Oh well. I told you in the beginning I'm not a photographer...still working on that.

This was a baby shower cake for my sister-in-law who is pregnant with my first niece!!!! She and her husband love monkeys and ducks (their bathroom is decorated in this theme) and the party theme was based around baby clothes on a clothesline so I incorporated all of it into this cake.

The top tier is white cake with white chocolate buttercream. The bottom tier is yellow cake with eggless chocolate chip cookie dough buttercream (say that five times fast). Both tiers are covered in marshmallow fondant with fondant decorations. The clothesline is a sour candy string I rinsed and attached between pieces of fondant "wood". I piped the clothespins and handpainted the baby blanket. It was lots of work! BUT also lots of FUN! :)
Photobucket


Blessings!

4 comments:

  1. I love the cake, it is adorable. Is this the one that you had to take in the car with you and your kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. I ended up making some pieces before and just doing it all there. It was rough, but we left much earlier than planned and I didn't want 4 day old buttercream! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so I love this cake. I have always wanted to make one like this. But just never had anyone to make it for. It seems like way more work than I can handle just to use as practice. I know so sad. But yours came out great!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how adorable! I love it

    Raychel - mycreativeway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete