Saturday, April 6, 2013

Monster Truck Cake

Making this cake was a gift to me. I think that whenever the Lord gives us an opportunity to serve others He gives us tenfold from that service. I really enjoyed making this cake and praying for the family as I worked. Work with prayer is twice as sweet. I made this cake for Evan and his family. Evan has many challenges being an older sibling to a handsome little brother with many medical needs. As a new volunteer with Icing Smiles I was honored to make a cake for Evan. You can read about this beautiful family on Facebook at the below link. Please like their page and show your support! Team Hayden

 Icing Smiles is a great organization and if you are a baker who is interested please check out this beautiful charity here:  Icing Smiles
I didn't get to attend the party but I was really blessed to meet them and become a part of the community support network in our area.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Evan's Cake was Monster Truck themed and based on his favorite truck. I made this cake Gluten-Free with Gluten-Free Krispy treats to make the truck and wheels. I have never had so much fun playing with crumbs of cake and frosting!!! Making mud mountain was a challenge that took time (a deliberate mess always does) and ended up being quite enjoyable. :)






                                              This all was very emotional for me and I really enjoyed the process and the joy in Evan's response to seeing the cake. I always wondered if I couldn't sell my cakes what I could do with this love for baking and I think this experience has shown me that God has a plan for our gifts and finds the right time for them to be given to others. 

This week's Office of Readings had the following scripture from Peter that really came at the right time and touched my heart: 

 "As each one has received a gift, use it to serve one another as good stewards of God’s varied grace. Whoever preaches, let it be with the words of God; whoever serves, let it be with the strength that God supplies, so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ..."

Easter Blessings,
Evie 

No comments:

Post a Comment